2019 WORLDWIDE INITIATIVE FOR DIABETES EDUCATION FELLOW SCHOLARSHIP
Worldwide Diabetes is introducing a scholarship to allow a physician 35 years of age or younger with limited resources to attend next year’s 79th Scientific Sessions of the American Diabetes Association in San Francisco. This scholarship will cover: roundtrip airfare, hotel accommodations, meal stipend, conference registration, and a grant of $2,000.00 USD, based on completion of the requirements below, not to exceed $10,000.00 USD. In addition to attending the 79th Scientific Sessions, the winner will have a commitment for one year to be an editorial contributor to the Worldwide Diabetes website, as further detailed below in the “Requirements” section.
Applications are now open for this scholarship and will remain so until April 1, 2019. Applications will be reviewed by the foundation office for consideration and final selection of the winner will be made by the Worldwide Diabetes Board of Directors. The winner will be announced on May 1, 2019.
- Must be 35 years of age or younger.
- Must be an endocrine fellow with an interest in diabetes (credentials are required along with application).
- Must be practicing in a developing country (Latin America, Eastern Europe, Eastern Mediterranean region, Africa, Asia and Asia Pacific).
- Completion of application with all supporting documentation and endorsements including letter of recommendation from Program Director and 500-word essay on what winning the scholarship would mean to you. All documents must be typewritten and in English.
- Winner will have commitment to provide report on highlights of 2019 ADA 79th Scientific Sessions for subsequent posting on the Worldwide Diabetes
- Winner will be required to provide text for monthly column on the latest diabetes developments (i.e., new studies, new publications, new product approvals, etc.) for one year (July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020), serving as an editorial contributor to the foundation.
- Applications are being accepted until April 1, 2019.
- Download and complete the application.
- Return completed application via e-mail to: Jane.Savio@worldwidediabetes.org
- If any questions, please correspond to the same e-mail address above.